Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Dear Diary, Today I'm Pondering These Dear Girls...

Here is a beautiful mountain view I passed on my way to Colorado!

December 18th, 1932
     Dear Diary,
     Today I'm pondering these dear girls' lives. They've been through so much. Most of them lost both parents; some were abandoned. Rare is the case that they were lovingly brought here. If losing their parents isn't enough, then they usually are sent to various relatives' houses, tossed to-and-fro like a useless item no one has time for. After that, they are sent to some orphanage often filled with dirt, rats, and fleas, where they're taken care of by an exhausted, worn-out keeper. Before long, they're often sent to another orphanage, where they're a stranger all over again. Not all orphans have an ending like mine—adopted at age six by loving parents, raised in a clean and warm home, and taught about Jesus. No, most of them live at orphanages for the rest of their childhoods, then are off on the streets, unprepared and owning nothing. I've never considered how blessed I am before. It's my duty to help these girls.
     Note: The McGradys take care of the girls the best they can! They show more love to the children than any orphanage keeper I've ever met. The examples I gave were about most orphanages. The McGradys may be poor, but they are rich in love.

Twenty-six girls with stories like mine:
Orphaned, abandoned, just plain left-behind.
Some still remember their families long passed;
Some were just infants when they saw them last.

Twenty-six girls with stories so vast
Were brought to this home, where they're loved at long last.
But still, they hold memories of things long ago,
Places they've went, and people they've known.

Will they ever move on past the horrors of time?
Forgiveness and peace, will they ever find?
O Lord, how I beg Thee, please speak to their souls!
Fill them with hope, please make them all whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment